Updated: Feb 11, 2021
Human Rights Council is Registered National Organization, and it is registered under the partnership with Ministry of Planning Commission, Government of India, and Operational Area is Indian Country with the infrastructure organization National Governing Committee, State Level Committee, District, Taluka, Block, Gram Panchyat, Ward Level Committees, with Active Members.
Formation Under Articles, Constitution of India. [Constitution]
Article 19 in The Constitution Of India 1949
19. Protection of certain rights regarding freedom of speech etc
(1) All citizens shall have the right
(a) to freedom of speech and expression;
(b) to assemble peaceably and without arms;
(c) to form associations or unions;
(d) to move freely throughout the territory of India;
(e) to reside and settle in any part of the territory of India; and
(g) to practise any profession, or to carry on any occupation, trade or business
(2) Nothing in sub clause (a) of clause ( 1 ) shall affect the operation of any existing law, or prevent the State from making any law, in so far as such law imposes reasonable restrictions on the exercise of the right conferred by the said sub clause in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of the State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality or in relation to contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offence
(3) Nothing in sub clause (b) of the said clause shall affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it imposes, or prevent the State from making any law imposing, in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India or public order, reasonable restrictions on the exercise of the right conferred by the said sub clause
(4) Nothing in sub clause (c) of the said clause shall affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it imposes, or prevent the State from making any law imposing, in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India or public order or morality, reasonable restrictions on the exercise of the right conferred by the said sub clause
(5) Nothing in sub clauses (d) and (e) of the said clause shall affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it imposes, or prevent the State from making any law imposing, reasonable restrictions on the exercise of any of the rights conferred by the said sub clauses either in the interests of the general public or for the protection of the interests of any Scheduled Tribe
(6) Nothing in sub clause (g) of the said clause shall affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it imposes, or prevent the State from making any law imposing, in the interests of the general public, reasonable restrictions on the exercise of the right conferred by the said sub clause, and, in particular, nothing in the said sub clause shall affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it relates to, or prevent the State from making any law relating to,
(i) the professional or technical qualifications necessary for practising any profession or carrying on any occupation, trade or business, or
(ii) the carrying on by the State, or by a corporation owned or controlled by the State, of any trade, business, industry or service, whether to the exclusion, complete or partial, of citizens or otherwise
Objectives of the Human Rights Council, India.
1. Promote research in the field of human rights and literacy among various sections of society to promote awareness of the safe guards for the protection of these rights through publications, the media, seminars etc.,.
2. Police excesses, custodial deaths, encounter deaths, jail conditions, unlawful detention, false implication, corruption, atrocities and SC, ST, minorities, terrorism, insurgence, communal violence, women sexual harassment etc.
3. To protect and fight against the violation of human rights to equality, to education, to live with dignity, to liberty, to politics, to property, to equal opportunity for employment, to free choice of profession, to work in equitable condition, to get equal wages, protection on the eventuality of retirement, old age and sickness, protection from in human treatment, protection of health, privacy in terms of personal life.
4. Protect from devadasis system, jauhar, purdah, sati, child marriage, dowry harassment, dowry deaths, to live lovelyhood, rape, domestic violence, women and children trafficking, to protection from gender discrimination.
5. Operationalise the recommendations and suggestions on the violation of human rights to the government and review the implemention of laws and polices related to human rights.
6. Providing primary health facilities to ensure maternal, child welfare, basic needs like Drinking Water, Food and nutrition, food scarcity Rights of disabled, displacement of tribal’s by mega projects. etc.,
7. Alleged violation of human rights or negligence in its prevention by public servant or organization causes inquiry and investigation to be made into the matter. Where the inquiry discloses any such violation, it may recommend to concerned government authority to initiate proceedings against the violator, in the court of law court direction, orders, recommend to the government for grant of immediate relief to the victim or his family members.
8. Work to combat corruption effectively and deal with no corrupt practices in the government and private sector.
9. Fight against the authority or individual freedom of thought, protect propaganda which reviles other religions, to marry.
10. Awareness programs and protection of the environment, flora, fauna, preservation of ecological balance and the conservation of diversity of species, preservation of the ecosystem earth, are in foreground, obligations and duties are imposed on governments, companies, individual human being or groups,. Protect the environment from exploitation.
11. Protect rights of pollution free atmosphere, danger of nuclear power, environmental, social and health problems, drinking water, protect civil individual rights entailing freedom from arbitrary government interference.
12. Protect the right to civil and political rights, economic, social and cultural rights, right to fair trial, right to justice, freedom from arbitrary interference with privacy, family, home, torture, cruel, in human degrading treatment, punishment, freedom from slavery, freedom of thought, right to vote and take part in the conduct of public affairs.
13. Inquire, inform or recommendation to government authorities, suo motu or on a petition or complaint to it by a victim or any person on his behalf into complaint of violation of human rights or abetment there of or negligence in the prevention of such violation by a public servant, individual or group.
14. Intervene in proceeding involving allegation of violation of human rights, visit organization, department, jail or other institution where persons are detained or lodged for purposes of treatment, reformation or protection for the study of the living condition of the inmates and make recommendation to the government or national human rights commission.
15. Review the safeguards provided under constitution for the protection of human rights and recommend to the government to their effective implementation, study treaties and make recommendation for their effective implementation to the government.
16. To protect women to grow to their full stature & contribute creatively to the well being of the society.
17. To facilitated women in approaching concerned authorities in case of incidences of violence for redressel and follow up.
18. To protect preventing violence against women & children and generating awareness about basic legal rights procedures and provisions. It involves any gender discrimination and including youth at the grassroots.
19. To protect women the companion of man gifted with equal mental capacities, she has the right to participate in the minutest of details in the activities of man and she has as equal right of freedom & liberty with him.
20. To do all other things essential to the attainment of the common interest of the members.